Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Are automatic cars easier to drive?

Starmix

12/07/23
I am not driving an automatic car; honestly, I might be at ease if I drive a car not driven manually. For an automatic car, there is less to operate and it is safer than a manual. So there is a support that it is safer to a manual driving. There is no need to change gears. It allows the driver to concentrate on his driving on the road. It is also safe to drive under heavy traffic. Overworking your gear stick or clutch is never a good thing, and with an automatic, you can set off steadily, without having to quickly adjust your gear to the ever-changing speeds and constant stop and starts. Many opt to learn to drive an automatic as it is easier to learn to drive an automatic. However, that restricts the license holder to just Automatic cars. Whereas, those who learn to drive a manual can drive both transmission types. You are the only one who can answer your question about whether to drive manually or automatically. Below is an im1706341997129.pngage of a driveless car.

1706341997129.png

I think the driver's license will change in the world. Because with automatic driving and connected to google maps, you are no longer required to learn many trips just technical driving skills like connecting to google maps or speaking with your car which could even reduce the risk of accidents because the car doesn't obey the driver if he is tired.

It is computerized, so it is programmed. I have not seen an actual car like this. My friend in Mexico drove a car Revo and it's an automatic car. She told me that it was safe, but she sold it at a cheaper price when her husband was sick and passed away. She bought a new car in Mexico City.

In many country the driving test is maid with a stick shift cars, so that a person can drive both cars without any additional trainings, and in my opinion driving auto cars is much easier, because there is no clutch and we don't need to use the gearshift to increase kr decrease the gear.

In many country, the driving test is a maid with stick shift cars, so that a person can drive both cars without any additional training, and in my opinion driving auto cars is much easier because there is no clutch and we don't need to use the gearshift to increase or decrease the gear.
The training could still exist. So back the training was in what is manual like changing the speed or ABS. The new driver's license will include how to link it to your google maps account or how to configure the vehicule means technical board training. Add to that, vehicule has some kind of intelligence so if driver is tired then he will no longer obey it and do parking of vehicule when he is tired and sleep by auto detector.

Automatic transmission cars are easier to drive because they take away that task if having to change gears at regular intervals. With that in place, the only thing a driver of an automatic transmission car has to focus on is steering control and managing speed.

I learnt my driving on stick gear shift and drove it for few years. Then I moved to countries where I drove automatic cars for long 14 years. Back home, I went back to gear shift with some issues in the beginning as I was totally out of practice. But then I drove it for few years. But in the traffic, it was not easy. Holding the clutch for long had bad effect on my knees and I suffered. In 2018, I shifted back to automatic car and I plan to stick to it. It's easier and convenient. I am not comfortable at all with the stick gear shift as the traffic is too much.

Automatic transmission cars are easier to drive because they take away the task if having to change gears at regular intervals. With that in place, the only thing a driver of an automatic transmission car has to focus on is steering control and managing speed.
A driver could lose a lot of money due to manual transmission if you are doing false manipulation when changing it to the wrong place. It could be damage. At least this problem is avoided with automatic transmission.

In many country the driving test is maid with a stick shift cars, so that a person can drive both cars without any additional trainings, and in my opinion driving auto cars is much easier, because there is no clutch and we don't need to use the gearshift to increase kr decrease the gear.
In India, the driving schools will train you only on the manual gear shift car. The first driving licence test for beginners is on manual shift gear. But to renew your license later, you can take your automatic transmission car too. My husband got his driving licence renewed in November last year and he took my automatic transmission car for that. Maybe with time and more usage of automatic transmission cars, they would change the rule and allow test on automatic transmission cars for first time licence too

Yes, Automatic cars are easier to drive because a lot of things will be automatic and not manually done. you automatically change gears at regular intervals. So this allows you focus more on steering control and maybe the speed.

In bad road conditions and huge traffic areas where one needs to manipulate a lot with speed and has to do it swiftly, automatic car come as a blessing as they take away a lot of driving stress and the trouble of manually shifting gears again and again. One can focus well on roads and on steering control. But then with bad road conditions and traffic congestions, the automatic transmission cars give a lower mileage.

In India, the driving schools will train you only on the manual gear shift car. The first driving licence test for beginners is on manual shift gear. But to renew your license later, you can take your automatic transmission car too. My husband got his driving licence renewed in November last year and he took my automatic transmission car for that. Maybe with time and more usage of automatic transmission cars, they would change the rule and allow test on automatic transmission cars for first time licence too
Sincerely, in my hometown, we just need to show up and pay a few bills to get our new license, which is renewed every two years without requiring us to take a test. if the renewal date passes, we will receive a new test.

Sincerely, in my hometown, we just need to show up and pay a few bills to get our new license, which is renewed every two years without requiring us to take a test. if the renewal date passes, we will receive a new test.
Oh! We also have some malpractices like that taking place in India where people use power and money to get driving licence in illegal ways. The number of such cases have reduced drastically in recent years, but still it is done. Renewed every two years... that's surprising for me. I assumed that we get licence for minimum of 5 years. I got that in the US if I remember it correctly. In India, we get it for 10_20 years depending on the age of the applicant

Why I would say that automatic transmission cars are easier to drive is because when one learns how to drive on an automatic car, they often are not able to drive a manual transmission car. But if one learns how to drive with a manual transmission car, they would easily drive an automatic transmission car without any fuss.

With automatic transmission cars, one doesn't need to understand the basics of gear selection and clutching to drive. Yes. It is simpler. Gear selection is a skill on it's own.

Yes of course, automatic engine cars are far more easier for you to drive than manual propeller cars. All you just need to master is your control of the car with sterling and how much pressure you peddle on gas for the car to move faster. I didn't take any training lessons on how to drive automatic cars.

I believe that driving an automatic car is much easier because there is no need to manually shift gears from time to time, there is no stalling, and you can concentrate more on the road. However, it is on a case-by-case basis. Some people still prefer to drive a manual stick-shift car.

My cousin has just bought an automatic car and he told me that it is easy. He feels so relaxed and comfortable sitting in his car while it is driving for him to his destination.

Back
Top Bottom