Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

At what age would you teach your kids how to drive?

King Belieal

12/06/23
Driving is almost like an essential skill in today's world. And is is essential for someone to learn and know how to drive. At what age would you teach your child how to drive? Would you teach your child how to drive a manual or automatic car?

In our country, you need to be at least 18 years of age to get a driver license. Therefore, I will teach my kid how to drive only when he becomes 18 years of age. However, I would never allow him to drive before getting a license.

Am going to teach them how to drive at the legal age. There is no need doing that before hand when in the end they still won't be able to drive out themselves.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to do it whenever they don't want to, but between 18-20 years old would be an ideal age for them to teach themselves to drive a car, especially if they are going to need it in their working life.

My father taught me how to drive at the age of 13, but it was in an open area so I wouldn't hurt anyone. I wouldn't do the same with my own children if they didn't want it, because driving skills are not that important. If they had a desire at the age of 18 or later, I would help them pay for driving school

Back
Top Bottom