Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Baltimore Bridge Collapse Leading to Shipping Challenges for Major Automakers

clasione

The Boss
Staff member
The news of the bridge collapse is distressing, especially for the relatives of those who are missing or feared dead. This sad occurrence has had a huge impact on human lives and on automakers such as Ford and Mercedes-Benz, who are now dealing with logistics challenges due to the bridge's collapse.

I have read that the cargo ship, named Dali, was carrying around 4,700 containers 56 of which contain hazardous materials. The impact on logistics is huge because of the incident. Do you think it would not happen if: 1) the cargo ship went into more extensive check-ups and 2) the bridge's last inspection was in May 2021? If they were strict in imposing the every-year inspection, maybe the collision might have less impact on the bridge's foundation.

The bridge collapse was so sad to see and very distressing for many. I can only imagine how many delays there are at the moment and with automakers being one of those affected, I only feel we will see disruption in production now too.

Has there been any further news on what caused the accident?

The collapse of the Baltimore bridge tells us about the poor transportation infrastructure and the effect that it has on the automotive industry. The automakers are really affected because they rely on efficient transportation route to run their business.

Back
Top Bottom