Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Cars for men and women

eLdavis

12/15/23
Are cars ment for women different from the ones men drive? I have seen some persons classify a particular car as women's car, while some like does big jeeps are classified for only men.

They are cars I know that are really appealing to women. They suit women better and they include Kia Forte.l, Honda Fit, Audi TT.,Ford Fiesta,Mazda MX-5 Miata, Volkswagen Polo GT, Honda Civic, Nissan Versa etc.

There are some cars that generally suit ladies. Does soft touch cars that are not all about power but aesthetics. Women don't need a powerful car because they hardly can accelerate with a car. Now do you know those Mercedes Benz 230 E, 220, 190. Those cars are better suited for men.

The Honda Accords generally suited for women.

Automakers don't make and design cars for any specific gender. Any car can be suitable for any gender. My sister bought a utility car and that's her preferred choice. One of my female neigbour is driving a Hilux pickup truck and according to her, she prefer her truck than any other vehicle. It is a matter of taste and priorities.

I think it is more to do with the mindset and in the way these cars are marketed. I don't think that any machine including the cars are designed keeping any gender in mind. I enjoyed driving SUVs all my life. I am a woman and these cars are supposed to be cars for men. Many of my female friends enjoy driving these so called men cars. I have recently shifted to Hyundai Santro in red colour. I have got this comment from someone that finally, I shifted to a car for women. But then I have seen many men driving the so called women cars.

These are just stereotypes that don't hold water. There are no cars meant for any gender. It was particularly structured from the fact that the generality of women preferred small cars that they could easily manoeuvre. My mom has a Mercedes ML SUV and it looks good on her.

Here in our country, people irrespective of their gender prefer to have a small car if they are meant to use it more in our city. We have the worst traffic in the world. And it's easier to maneuver small cars if you de route yourself to narrow roads to escape traffic. My husband would often leave his Innova and take my small red car if he is in hurry. My car is mostly available to him as I walk to my work. So, he choses to drive the so called lady car in the peak traffic hours. So, at times convenience wins over gender stereotyping.

Personally, I don't think that there's any car that's meant for men or women specifically. Everything all depends on someone's interests and preferences. I know some ladies that love big SUVs while some of them says it's too big for them. They prefer smaller cars. There are some who fancy trucks over any other kind of cars and some of them are ladies too.

Of course, there are differences between a woman's and a man's car; these include design, color, power, and size. Generally speaking, people identify a car as belonging to a woman if it is small and has bright colors, but I do not think there are any other differences.

I think it is good to go for the car you like. Automakers don't really make and design cars for any specific gender. it isn't gender based because both gender can drive the car of their choice. I believe though that a car can be suitable for any gender.

I think it is good to go for the car you like. Automakers don't make and design cars for any specific gender. it isn't gender based because both gender can drive the car of their choice. I believe though that a car can be suitable for any gender.
Exactly true. You can find people commenting why this man drives this car which design is women designed car or reverse situation but it is not a true problem in life.

Of course, there are differences between a woman's and a man's car; these include design, color, power, and size. Generally speaking, people identify a car as belonging to a woman if it is small and has bright colors, but I do not think there are any other differences.
I don't really believe such a thing. This is because I have seen men who drove smaller cars. No one ever told them that they were driving cars which was meant for women. Car choices is based on one's preferences.

As a lady, I feel that I can drive any car irrespective of what the clichés are. I have never felt any particular kind of car is suitable for a man or a lady. The two genders can learn the operation of any car and drive them.

As a lady, I feel that I can drive any car irrespective of what the clichés are. I have never felt any particular kind of car is suitable for a man or a lady. The two genders can learn the operation of any car and drive them.
Exactly my point. It's all about what aligns with someone irrespective of their sex. A lady can decide to drive a big car like Telsa Cybertruck and no one is going to question her asking why are you choosing to drive a car so big that's meant for men. It's crazy if someone tries such a thing.

I don't really believe such a thing. This is because I have seen men who drove smaller cars. No one ever told them that they were driving cars which was meant for women. Car choices is based on one's preferences.
Oh men, you should see that if a man drives a red, pink, or any other brightly colored vehicle, his friends and family will make fun of him. The same goes for small-car owners. Even a person who have no car makes fun of him.

I am one of those women who prefer masculine-looking vehicles. LOL. I'd like to own a Ford Ranger, Toyota Hilux, or FJ Cruiser. Meanwhile, some men want to drive feminine-looking vehicles. It depends on a person's preferences.

Oh men, you should see that if a man drives a red, pink, or any other brightly colored vehicle, his friends and family will make fun of him. The same goes for small-car owners. Even a person who have no car makes fun of him.
The truth of the matter is that some people are color insensitive which is the reason why they will not even bother when someone is driving a pink color car. As long as the car is good, that is what matters to them.

I really do not think there cars made for men or women.

These things are mere assumptions.

I may love a particular car ,while my husband may love another
But it doesn't make it a make care or a female car.

I love a Toyota sienna
He loves a tundra./Hilux

But it doesn't make the Siena a female car and the tundra a male car

In my opinion, the idea of categorizing cars by gender is an outdated thing and it is very unnecessary because cars should be chosen based on the individual preferences and needs and should not be paid on gender.

There is nothing like cars for men or women. It is just reinforcing the gender disparity and gaps. There are cars for everyone. I have even seen women drive trucks this days.

Back
Top Bottom