Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Do most car dealers usually buy and sell luxury used cars?

neku

12/06/23
Do most car dealers buy and sell luxury used cars, especially cars costing more than $100,000? In some cases, the income of the car owner may decrease drastically and they may wish to sell their luxury car if they cannot maintain it.

Do most car dealers buy and sell luxury used cars, especially cars costing more than $100,000? In some cases, the income of the car owner may decrease drastically and they may wish to sell their luxury car if they cannot maintain it.
This is always actually a big hit for car dealers as they are sure they will make more from just a single deal of selling luxury cars. But this catch is always once in a while and not like selling other cars which are not of luxury type.

Yes, car dealers do sell luxury cars to various people. More especially selling to celebrities because those are the ones who like to move with prestige and VIP treatment. What is a major factor is to ensure that as a car dealer you have the connections as a trusted brand to get the clients to patronize you.

The challenge with selling a luxury car is that you might not be able to sell as quickly as you want. If a used car dealer has a luxury car in his car stand, he should tune his mind that he might need to be really patient to sell the car at his own price.

The challenge with selling a luxury car is that you might not be able to sell as quickly as you want. If a used car dealer has a luxury car in his car stand, he should tune his mind that he might need to be really patient to sell the car at his own price.
That's the situation. Most car dealership that sell luxury used cars only do so on demand. They don't buy a used luxury car and keep in their car stand. But if someone demands for it, they can comb other sources and find it for the person.

This is always actually a big hit for car dealers as they are sure they will make more from just a single deal of selling luxury cars. But this catch is always once in a while and not like selling other cars which are not of luxury type.
You are right. it is always a good catch for any car dealer so it is always good to bargain better to avoid being overpriced and overpaying for a luxury car.

Yes, they buy and sell luxury cars. However, they must remain patient because luxury cars can be challenging to sell. When a wealthy individual wishes to acquire a luxury car, he or she usually opts for a brand-new car.

Their companies impose on them to wear or dress in a manner or buy certain categories of cars. This is behind the luxury of the company or the mark of the car dealer company that employs him for a commission.

Here in the United States many used car dealers have luxury inventory on there a lot. It is less common though for those dealers to have luxury inventory over $100,000 which is mostly very luxurious Vehicles like Bentley's and Lamborghinis and really high performance sports and premium luxury cars and that sort of thing. But many do have luxury inventory and some that I find do have at least one or two high-end vehicles in the area of $100,000 on there lot.

Why not, they would buy and sell luxury cars. but sales will be low so , they must remain patient because luxury cars can be challenging to sell.. People most times go for a brand-new car though.

Why not, they would buy and sell luxury cars. but sales will be low so , they must remain patient because luxury cars can be challenging to sell.. People most times go for a brand-new car though.
Most of them are sold in a bid. This means people come and bid for the luxury car. Bid action organizers take their margin from each sale done.

Most of them are sold in a bid. This means people come and bid for the luxury car. Bid action organizers take their margin from each sale done.
Yeah you are right some of them do it this way to make sales. The good thing is that they are seeing their profit

Yeah you are right some of them do it this way to make sales. The good thing is that they are seeing their profit
This is because if they sell ordinarily then they do not gather the same profit if they are selling in a bid. After all, no one will purchase at that price.

This is because if they sell ordinarily then they do not gather the same profit if they are selling in a bid. After all, no one will purchase at that price.
That's right it is always for the highest bidder which would bring more money to the dealers so they might just like to adopt this method

In my years of seeing car dealerships, I have never seen a luxury car parked in a car stand for sale. Used cars dealership don't even buy all kinds of cars to sell. They only buy cars that would move in the market to resell.

Here in India, the top notch luxurious cars are for selected few. And they buy it direct from the brand's showrooms. Some affluent ones even get it imported if it's not available in the country.
Here people mostly buy brand new cars straight from car brand showrooms. Car dealers mostly are in to buying and selling used cars. Most of them have middle class as consumers who don't look for a luxury car. Dealers here mostly deal with affordable cars that common people use.
Very few dealers deal with luxury cars. The market for second hand luxury car is very limited.

I think one thing that really doesn't allow used auto dealers to buy luxury cars to resell in my country is that the pool of possible clientele for luxury cars in the countries is quite limited and luxury cars won't turn over quickly.

I do not think the dealers of used cars only deal with luxury cars, they also buy and sell other kinds of cars. I believe it is easier to sell general cars compared to luxury cars, therefore, I believe car dealers are more interested in general cars than luxury cars.

Here in the Philippines, we don't have much dealerships who are keeping luxury vehicles on their lots. Mostly are normal cars. Maybe they thought, it would be difficult for them to empty their inventories if they more luxury cars than the usual ones.

Luxury used cars are usually where the money is at and are something car dealers tend to look out for often as they know that they will not only sell the car but also make quite a bit of profit on the car.

Luxury used cars are often the ones that I hear are the money makers when it comes to car dealerships.

Back
Top Bottom