Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Does the car define the person?

eLdavis

12/15/23
I came across an article that says the kind of car we drive determines the kind of person we are. How true is this? Like in my current location, they tend to classify young guys who drive a Mercedes as people who are into fraudulent activities or unserious. What's your take on this?

A car doesn't define the person in real terms. Anything can just happen and one gets to drive a particular car at a particular time. Are we implying that we would judge the personality of that person based on that car? Certainly not. That would be very baseless.

A car doesn't define the person in real terms. Anything can just happen and one gets to drive a particular car at a particular time. Are we implying that we would judge the personality of that person based on that car? Certainly not. That would be very baseless.
I completely agree with this. It annoys me when they classify young guys who drive Mercedes as unserious and so on, cause the truth of the matter anyone can choose to buy a particular car.

I believe that a person's choice of cars does not define them. It is more about how the car reflects their personality and individuality. Some financially well-off people may not prioritize luxury cars. Instead, they may go for a simple car and customize it to make it their own. For them, the most essential aspects are its functionality in getting from one place to another and its fuel efficiency.

What has the car got to do with your personality. I like Hummer but I cannot afford so I have I have Toytato Corola. I do not see how the car I use define my personality, I bought it because it is easy to maintain and comparatively cheaper.

No, I don't think it defines it, one car or another can adhere better to the personality of the driver, but it does not define the person it is totally, at least I don't think it is like that.

In my country, the situation with young people is almost the same. All those who drive old BMWs are considered frivolous and bad drivers. But these are not stereotypes and in most cases it happens that way. I think that a car defines a person, and I will definitely buy a car that will suit me in terms of driving style and status

Personally, I don't think a car solely defines a person, but it can definitely indicate their personality and values a well. This is because some people opt for classic vehicles.

A car doesn't define your personality. Cars are owned and driven circumstantially. And basing your definition of a person based on a car park a person drives would give you a very wrong inference about that person.

Back
Top Bottom