Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Electric Vehicle

Here today while taking a walk around my apartment complex, I noticed around 56 electric vehicles and most of them were brand new ones. I consciously tried to count them as I wanted to have some rough estimate. And that's an impressive number in our apartment complex that has around 300 houses and 400 cars. I am sure that the number will increase in coming times as more people are going for it for their new purchase.
And we already have 27 charging stations here and that is a big development in short time.

There are 6,600 electric vehicle owners in the city where I live, however, there are only 300 car charging outlets. The drivers must master all the locations of these electric charging outlets.

There are 6,600 electric vehicle owners in the city where I live, however, there are only 300 car charging outlets. The drivers must master all the locations of these electric charging outlets.
You have a valid point. They should be aware of the nearest charging station in case of need. I am sure that soon in coming times, you will have more and more charging stations and it would be easily accessible to the drivers.

The electric vehicles are gaining traction on a daily basis because of their environmental benefits and the advance in technology. The electric vehicles are known to offer zero emission and the also reduced air pollution to a great extent. This contribute to their popularity.

The electric vehicles are gaining traction on a daily basis because of their environmental benefits and the advance in technology. The electric vehicles are known to offer zero emission and the also reduced air pollution to a great extent. This contribute to their popularity.
That is correct. Electric vehicles are becoming more popular due to their eco-friendliness. If I have the financial means, I would prefer to obtain an electric vehicle. Climate change is a real issue and its negative impacts are becoming more evident with time.

That is correct. Electric vehicles are becoming more popular due to their eco-friendliness. If I have the financial means, I would prefer to obtain an electric vehicle. Climate change is a real issue and its negative impacts are becoming more evident with time.
The shift towards the electric vehicle is very important because they use it to combat climate change. It's also one of the ways to invest in eco-friendly transportation that will benefit the environment a lot.

It is pretty impressive that one can count that number of electric vehicles in a go in India. I am practically yet to see an electric vehicle on the roads of my locality. I already know that it would take some time before EVs become a thing in my country.

This is actually awesome, but we still have a long way to go over here. We lack a stable power supply, a lot of persons would be stranded in my country with this. Then again am sure the cost would be expensive to get one in my country.

My country is always hot, rain is seldom visited. We have solar panels at home but their effects are far different from the current. I am not sold out with the idea of using solar panels in changing cars.
I think you have a point. While the use of solar panels is an awesome idea, it might not be enough unless they are able to find a way to make it absolve more power.

There are cheaper electric vehicles than that, which is too expensive if you ask me, especially if they claim that they will be more profitable for everyone, in my country they give subsidies to be able to switch to an electric car, but it is still much more expensive than a diesel or gasoline vehicle.

Even though the maintenance cost is very low, EV is more of a luxury here because they cost 2 x and sometimes upto 3X of a normal car. Furthermore, EV do not have a good resale value, therefore, not many people are buying EV in my home country

Back
Top Bottom