Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Gear shift button

RevEcho

11/09/23
Why do certain variants of the latest Vantage feature clear gear selector buttons (P, R, N, D), while others come with black plastic ones? Was this a customizable choice on earlier versions, or is there another explanation?

I think I only see the clear gear selectors on models dating from 2001 to 2014 which have the 6 tier transmission. From the 2014 models to the latest models of Vanquish have 8 gear transmissions and do not come with indicated gear selectors.

For some others, it would just be specific customer's specifications.

I think I only see the clear gear selectors on models dating from 2001 to 2014 which have the 6-tier transmission. From the 2014 models to the latest models of Vanquish have 8-gear transmissions and do not come with indicated gear selectors.
This is because people make a lot of mistakes with gear selectors and this could affect badly the motor of the car or even have bad consequences for the vehicle.

It might just be a function of material differences that might be defined by factors such as durability. I reckon that the clear buttons are always made from acrylic while the black ones are made from plastic.

Back
Top Bottom