Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Have you used any strategies for negotiating when purchasing a vehicle from a dealership?

02/11/24
When we bought our first car from a dealership many years ago, we were determined to get the best possible deal. As first-time buyers, we thoroughly researched the car we were interested in, paying close attention to its features and comparing prices across different dealerships. We made it a point to visit multiple dealerships to find the most competitive offers for the specific car model we had in mind, allowing us to negotiate from an informed position. Throughout the negotiation procedure, we maintained a polite yet assertive approach, understanding the value of being both respectful and firm in securing a favorable deal.

In our country, the manufacturer or the importer sets the price of a car. However, if you are a good negotiator, you can get some discounts. If you negotiate even better, you can even get free servicing for few years

Negotiating with dealerships can be very intimidating because I have been there. Based on my experience, I would say it's important to always advocate for yourself at the negotiation table .

Back
Top Bottom