Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

How long do you think lt would take for electric cars to be really mainstream?

King Belieal

12/06/23
At first, the idea of electric cars sounded so absurd. In fact, it was a complete impossibility. And at where we are today, electric cars is already a reality.

Be that as it may, electric cars are still yet to be adopted for mainstream usage.

Do your think that electric cars would ever go mainstream globally? How long from now do you think mainstream adoption of electric cars would happen?

I think when it comes to this aspect, we still have a long way to go. My country for example, we are still struggling with having a stable supply of electricity. Which means where to charge would be a problem.

Seeing how the market is evolving and how slow the adoption of electric vehicles is, I think at least 10 years to make them the most used vehicles, perhaps in less time if regulations evolve quickly and governments offer economic aid for their adoption.

In my opinion, the are three major issues with EV, one, the battery is expensive and is not very durable, two, EV are expensive, and three, EV do not have a good resale value, at least in my country. EV will become mainstream when the batteries are made better and the price is brought down.

In my opinion, the are three major issues with EV, one, the battery is expensive and is not very durable, two, EV are expensive, and three, EV do not have a good resale value, at least in my country. EV will become mainstream when the batteries are made better and the price is brought down.
I think that will gradually be solved and they will become more accessible to everyone, especially if there is so much pressure in the large economies for these vehicles to be mainstream.

In my opinion, this may not happen at all. Because of all the hate for electric cars, many people refuse this type and prefer simple gasoline cars. We should do something more environmentally friendly than electric cars, for example hydrogen cars, and then it will become mainstream much faster

I think electric cars will become mainstream in the next decade or so. This is because technology is really improving and more people will likely switch to electric vehicles.

In my opinion, this may not happen at all. Because of all the hate for electric cars, many people refuse this type and prefer simple gasoline cars. We should do something more environmentally friendly than electric cars, for example hydrogen cars, and then it will become mainstream much faster
Hydrogen cars would be triple more expensive than electric cars. One of the reasons that EVs are struggling commercially is the cost. That completely takes hydrogen cars out of consideration.

Several essential factors must be in place for electric vehicles to be broadly adopted by the general population. This involves expanding the charging infrastructure, improving car range, lowering battery costs, and implementing further tax breaks, to name a few. Electric vehicles, or EVs, are expected to account for more than half of new car sales within the next five years, with the possibility of even higher market share beyond that timeframe.

Several essential factors must be in place for electric vehicles to be broadly adopted by the general population. This involves expanding the charging infrastructure, improving car range, lowering battery costs, and implementing further tax breaks, to name a few. Electric vehicles, or EVs, are expected to account for more than half of new car sales within the next five years, with the possibility of even higher market share beyond that timeframe.
I don't think that 5 years is feasible even in advanced European countries and America. I think 10 years is more realistic in tier 1 countries given the hurdles of electric vehicles and the pricing. Rest of the world should take 20 years for people to start having electric vehicles mainstream.

Personally, I think the electric cars will become mainstream say within the next 10-15 years. As the technology improves, the prices will come down and more people will switch to electric vehicles

I think that will gradually be solved and they will become more accessible to everyone, especially if there is so much pressure in the large economies for these vehicles to be mainstream.
Of all the issues I have listed, I think prices can be brought down. If the government starts cutting taxes for EV, the price will come down and more people will buy EV. In our country, exercise duty for gasoline cars and EV is same.

Back
Top Bottom