Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

How many car dealers do car buyers contact before taking a decision?

neku

12/06/23
Compared to most other items which consumers purchase, cars are more expensive. Hence most car buyers would like to get the best deal for a car, especially a new car. How many car dealers do car buyers contact for comparing prices before selecting a specific dealer?

Where i am living similar cars with similar year have similar price, they don't have huge difference, but those car dealers have some offers for the buyers, they connect the buyers and banks for a some percent of loan to buy the car, and peoples choose those car dealers because of the connection wit banks.

Buyers contact different car dealers before they could consider buying their choice of car which must be carefully inspected and it's of this reason that people mostly buy car in person rather than online.

Buyers contact different car dealers before they could consider buying their choice of car which must be carefully inspected and it's of this reason that people mostly buy car in person rather than online.
It works that I contact the car dealer as a buyer and the car dealer purchases the car from me and then he resells it to another person with a margin of profit without giving me the contact of the seller or giving the seller my contact information.

They don't just contact at least five car dealers before making a final decision. They also consult up to 5 mechanics and auto technicians. It is a safety measure to ensure they get the best deals.

Some people contact every car dealer they know including the ones recommended by friends and families. Some even go as far as exploring car dealership outside their city. The goal is clear. To get the best deals.

There is no single right answer to this. The goal is to get a car of choice at the best deal possible. It can be quick and within few dealers. Or it can take longer time moving from dealer to dealer. Buyers don't want to compromise on the car that they want, neither they want to buy it at higher rate

The danger of making a wrong choice in buying a car is why people that want to buy cars would consult as many car dealers as possible to sample opinions, make observations before making a final decision. Some car buyers speak to up to 12 car dealers before settling with the one that they would patronise.

I have always purchased my cars directly from the company's producing them. Toyota have been my favourite car brand for years and I have never bought from a third party car dealers. I always buy from the company. I purchased my 2019 Highlander model from the company. It's just like I want Telsa Cybertruck, it's definitely going to be from Telsa that I'll buy from when I want to buy it.

I have always purchased my cars directly from the company's producing them. Toyota have been my favourite car brand for years and I have never bought from a third party car dealers. I always buy from the company. I purchased my 2019 Highlander model from the company. It's just like I want Telsa Cybertruck, it's definitely going to be from Telsa that I'll buy from when I want to buy it.
Purchasing from the manufacturer directly is always the best bet. But it always turns out more expensive and takes a longer time for you to take delivery of your purchases vehicles. People buy from local car dealerships for the sole reason of cutting these delays.

Purchasing from the manufacturer directly is always the best bet. But it always turns out more expensive and takes a longer time for you to take delivery of your purchases vehicles. People buy from local car dealerships for the sole reason of cutting these delays.
The problem for most people is that they don't know how to purchase car directly from the manufacturer which is why they have to deal with purchasing the cars they need from car dealers and they end up paying more for that car.

There is no exact number of car dealers that a buyer would contact before making any decision to purchase a car because it depends on individual preferences, research and your shopping habits. But I would see that some buyers may reach out to multiple dealerships so that they can compare prices and negotiate deals.

It mainly depends on the buyer, I know someone who do not contact anyone cause they already have an ideal of what car to buy and what the need to look out for. Then there are some who already have someone they trust that can get the needed information from.

Before I got my car, i contacted three dealerships before I make a decision. The reason is that I wanted to compare the prices and find the best deal as well.

Before I got my car, i contacted three dealerships before I make a decision. The reason is that I wanted to compare the prices and find the best deal as well.
And you actually made the right choice, this way you wont have to start worrying or having thoughts like what if or maybe i would have gotten a better deal somewhere else.

It depends on person to person. When I decided to buy a car, I first read about different cars online and shortlisted a few. Then I went to dealers and talked with them. I checked out a couple of dealers before deciding to buy the car

It depends on person to person. When I decided to buy a car, I first read about different cars online and shortlisted a few. Then I went to dealers and talked with them. I checked out a couple of dealers before deciding to buy the car
In my experience, it's a smart decisions to do your research and also try to compare offers given by multiple dealerships before you make any decision. You could contact three dealerships, it depends on your choice.

Back
Top Bottom