Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

most sold electric vehicles.

Kirubel

12/06/23
The top 10 most sold electric vehicles (EVs) globally include a mix of electric cars and electric SUVs, reflecting the growing popularity of electric mobility. Here are the top 10 most sold EVs based on recent data:

1. Tesla Model 3: Known for its combination of range, performance, and design, the Tesla Model 3 has consistently been one of the best-selling EVs globally since its introduction.

2. Nissan Leaf: As one of the early mass-market EVs, the Nissan Leaf continues to be a strong seller, offering practicality, efficiency, and electric reliability.

3. Tesla Model Y: With its crossover SUV design and advanced technology, the Tesla Model Y has rapidly gained popularity and contributed to Tesla's overall EV sales.

4. BAIC EU-Series: Produced by Chinese automaker BAIC, the EU-Series represents a popular electric vehicle in the Chinese market, known for its range and value.

5. Tesla Model X: Featuring distinctive falcon-wing doors and advanced electric powertrain technology, the Tesla Model X has been a popular choice for those seeking an electric SUV.

6. BYD Qin: The BYD Qin, a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), has seen significant sales in China, offering a balance of electric capability and convenience.

7. BMW i3: Known for its unique design and focus on sustainability, the BMW i3 has been a notable presence in the global EV market, appealing to urban drivers.

8. Chevrolet Bolt EV: With its practical electric range and spacious interior, the Chevrolet Bolt EV has become a significant player in the compact EV segment.

9. Tesla Model S: As one of the first widely recognized premium electric sedans, the Tesla Model S continues to be a strong seller in the global EV market.

10. Renault Zoe: The Renault Zoe has gained popularity in Europe for its compact size, value, and electric efficiency, contributing to its sales success in the region.

Here in my country, we don't even have the capacity to use electric cars because of poor power supply. Tesla is the most well known brand to majority of the populace, so it will probably sell the most of the market opens up.

It's good that competition is increasing which will help to lower price and improve the standards for the cars.

Last edited:
Yes electric vehicles are being needed globally. Nations are I. Hugh need if electric cars which helps with the popularity of electric mobility. Tesla Model cars take the lead as they are well sought for in the market

We have all these vehicles mentioned in my country. My previous car was Nissan Sentra. I sold it and bought a new Suzuki Swift. Only millionaires can buy the latest cars, especially Tesla.

The Nissan Leaf was the first mass produced Electric Car and till today, it has always been among the contenders for electric cars with massive sales. One of the selling points that makes it highly demanded is that it is relatively affordable compared to the range of electric vehicles on offer now.

I also plan to buy an electric car. I am only waiting for my friends. I want to ask a direct info from them as to their experience riding in an electric car. Technology is making a big difference to the world.

Tesla is dominating electric cars market. Tesla have sold more electric cars than all the electric car automakers combined. Moreover, the price of Tesla electric car is too exorbitant and overpriced.

Tesla is dominating electric cars market. Tesla have sold more electric cars than all the electric car automakers combined. Moreover, the price of Tesla electric car is too exorbitant and overpriced.

You're right... Tesla has been the company that has sold the most electric cars globally. Led by CEO Elon Musk, Tesla has been a pioneer in the electric vehicle (EV) market, starting with the Roadster in 2008 and expanding its lineup with models like the Model S, Model 3, Model X, and Model Y. Tesla's success in selling electric cars has been due to factors like its early market entry, technological advancements, long-range capabilities, and a dedicated supercharging network, which helped popularize electric vehicles and made them more accessible to consumers.

Yes electric vehicles are being needed globally. Nations are I. Hugh need if electric cars which helps with the popularity of electric mobility. Tesla Model cars take the lead as they are well sought for in the market
True, Tesla cars are the most popular and are also well known around the world, but in my country, only a few Tesla cars exist, but there are many EVs like the Jetour and Toyota that are famous EVs.

The world as much as electric cars are evolving. However, it will take my country some time to adapt to this due to the situation of electricity. But I think Tesla is above now and it's worth having.

The world as much as electric cars are evolving. However, it will take my country some time to adapt to this due to the situation of electricity. But I think Tesla is above now and it's worth having.
The problem of having an EV is that if there is no good power source, it will be hard to drive an EV, and it will be hard to recharge it every time it needs charging. Every government should consider this.

The problem of having an EV is that if there is no good power source, it will be hard to drive an EV, and it will be hard to recharge it every time it needs charging. Every government should consider this.
I think even using an electronic panel sollar that may be placed in the future releases doesn't solve for auto recharge of the electronic vehicle, it needs another source of power up with the electricity, unfortunately.

I think even using an electronic panel sollar that may be placed in the future releases doesn't solve for auto recharge of the electronic vehicle, it needs another source of power up with the electricity, unfortunately.
The engineers who build EV need to think about the charging, because the biggest problem with those EV is the charging and the battery power. Most EV don't run long distance with good speed because of the battery power.

The engineers who build EV need to think about the charging, because the biggest problem with those EV is the charging and the battery power. Most EV don't run long distance with good speed because of the battery power.
Even if they think of placing electronic panels solar for auto-generation of charging in the car to reduce consumption and auto recharge sometimes it doesn't help so much it could serve for a time consumption of energy but not hole a day.

If I have the money, I plan to buy an electric car rather than a traditional one. However, the problem is with the infrastructure. There are only a few charging stations for electric cars. Furthermore, it can only be used across shorter distances.

If I have the money, I plan to buy an electric car rather than a traditional one. However, the problem is with the infrastructure. There are only a few charging stations for electric cars. Furthermore, it can only be used across shorter distances.
You could buy with the help of a bank loan or individuals that could help you to purchase an electric car and pay back with a margin of profit set up from the beginning or interest of loan. Infrastructure will develop one day.

Back
Top Bottom