Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Pros and cones of buying New car.

Kirubel

12/06/23
Pros of buying a new car:
  • Warranty coverage: New cars typically come with a manufacturer's warranty that covers repairs and maintenance for a certain period of time.
  • Latest technology and features: New cars often have the latest safety, infotainment, and convenience features that may not be available in older models.
  • Reliability: New cars are less likely to have mechanical issues or require major repairs compared to used cars.
  • Customization options: When buying a new car, you can choose the color, trim level, and optional features to suit your preferences.
  • Financing incentives: Dealerships often offer special financing rates or promotions for new car purchases.

Cons of buying a new car:
  • Depreciation: New cars lose value quickly, especially in the first few years of ownership, leading to a significant decrease in resale value.
  • Higher upfront cost: New cars are more expensive than used cars, which can result in higher monthly payments or a larger down payment.
  • Limited selection: When buying a new car, you are limited to the current model year and available inventory at dealerships.
  • Unknown reliability: Since new models have not been on the market for long, there may be unknown reliability issues that could surface over time.

For me I love to buy new cars because of its reliability: New cars are less likely to have any kind of issues almost immediately when it comes with years of warranty. Another is the
customization options they come with, you get to choose the features to suit your preferences etc

New cars are completely out of my financial reach. That's why if I want to buy a car, I would buy one that is used but not extreme mileage so as to have suffered extreme depreciation. That's more realistic for me.

New cars are completely out of my financial reach. That's why if I want to buy a car, I would buy one that is used but not extreme mileage so as to have suffered extreme depreciation. That's more realistic for me.
I agree with you that when we plan on buying a car, we need to consider our financial strength and depend on that. Even if our need is beyond our financial ability, we need to focus on the money we can afford to spend, and yeah, used cars have lots of benefits too.

I agree with you that when we plan on buying a car, we need to consider our financial strength and depend on that. Even if our need is beyond our financial ability, we need to focus on the money we can afford to spend, and yeah, used cars have lots of benefits too.
People go to get a bank loan because in the current situation, it is hard to save to purchase a car with a lot of expenses every day.

People go to get a bank loan because in the current situation, it is hard to save to purchase a car with a lot of expenses every day.
True, some peoples have expensive car test and they prefer expensive and luxurious cars, so that they take bank loan in order to buy those cars.

I am a very practical person. I understand how expensive it is to get a brand new car from the factory, and you now have to talk about cost of shipping. I am very sure that for now, it is only a used car that I can afford for myself.

I am a very practical person. I understand how expensive it is to get a brand new car from the factory, and you now have to talk about cost of shipping. I am very sure that for now, it is only a used car that I can afford for myself.
Many people, including me, are like you; the price of new cars is very expensive, and it would be hard to buy a brand new car for personal use, so I prefer to buy a good used car that has good mileage and good conditions.

I have always purchased a new car except for two times when we were out of our country. It was my husband's business trip and we were not sure how long it we would stay( we ended up staying ten years in the US). Also to start with, we didn't have the budget of new car. Here in India, all the three cars that I have owned so far is a brand new one.
I agree that with brand new car from the store, you would have the options limited to the brand new models available.

I have always purchased a new car except for two times when we were out of our country. It was my husband's business trip and we were not sure how long it we would stay( we ended up staying ten years in the US). Also to start with, we didn't have the budget of new car. Here in India, all the three cars that I have owned so far is a brand new one.
I agree that with brand new car from the store, you would have the options limited to the brand new models available.
Having the budget to buy a brand new car is so good, and yeah, you have the option to choose which car you want and the color and design too, but that is only in a big car dealership; some small car dealerships don't have the cars that you want to buy, but still, that's a good thing.

Having the budget to buy a brand new car is so good, and yeah, you have the option to choose which car you want and the color and design too, but that is only in a big car dealership; some small car dealerships don't have the cars that you want to buy, but still, that's a good thing.
Luckily I could save enough at young age to buy a small brand new car and that was a very reliable car. I haven't bought any new car from car dealers. I buy them from the brand's showroom. I find that to be more reliable.
When we bought one second hand car as my daughter's first car, we went through car dealer.

Some of the prons in buying new car is the latest technology features, the full warranty coverage and satisfaction that the customer would get. It is also good to mention that the new cars would depreciate rapidly in value and due to the fact that the come with high up front cost compared to the used cars.

One of the main cons in my opinion when buying a new car is undoubtedly the purchase price, they are quite expensive, but it is the price to pay for a car fresh from the factory, on the other hand, the quick depreciation is another key factor, but this is something that we all know will happen in reality.

Technically speaking, I do not see any disadvantages of buying a new car except they cost a lot of money. And if you do not have money to pay in full you might have to get a loan and you will incur additional cost.

If I have the financial capacity, buying a new car would be the best option for me. That way i know everything about the car is 100%

Back
Top Bottom