Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Use of seat belts at the passenger set.

eLdavis

12/15/23
I don't know about other places, but over here it is pretty rare for passengers at the back seat to make use of seat belts, even safety officers tend to focus more on the driver and front seat passenger. Should passengers at the back also wear seat belts?

Passengers seat belt is use for reducing the likelihood of death or serious injury in a traffic collision it is used to reduce the force of secondary impacts with interior strike hazards. This is why it is good to always use a passenger seat belt it can help in preventing occupants fromm being ejected from the vehicle in an accident.

Here in our country, seat belts are compulsory for driver and one sitting in the front. There is a huge fine if either of them fail to put the seat belts and are caught. In fact the modern cars come with alarms that keep beeping unless both driver and the passenger in front have put seat belts. But there is no strict rules and punishment about passengers at the back seat. However, they are advised to put it on for safety reasons.

Here in our country, seat belts are compulsory for driver and one sitting in the front. There is a huge fine if either of them fail to put the seat belts and are caught. In fact the modern cars come with alarms that keep beeping unless both driver and the passenger in front have put seat belts. But there is no strict rules and punishment about passengers at the back seat. However, they are advised to put it on for safety reasons.
Yeah use of seat belts are compulsory also in my country. both drivers and the passengers nerd yo use their seat belts same with those behind This is for the safety of all users

Seat belts are required by both driver and passenger. It is regulated by the road and traffic management and whoever is aight, the driver will face risk . The penalty is priceless.

Every safety measure installed in a car serves a purpose which must be properly utilized to reap the benefits it provides. As far as seat belts are provided in the back seats, back seat passengers should use it.

So many think, they do this to help the law enforcers. This is a top safety measure while driving. The seat bet and the airbag can protect you from severe damage in case of an accident.

Seat belt is one of safety precautions we should endeavor to make use of. Accidents can happen at anytime and unexpectedly. In my country, driving without use of seat belt is a serious offence still many still fail to follow the simple instruction.

Yeah use of seat belts are compulsory also in my country. both drivers and the passengers nerd yo use their seat belts same with those behind This is for the safety of all users
It's good that they insist the back passengers too to have seat belt. I wish that they impose this here too. Though there is strict fine for driver and passenger in front seat, they let back seaters go without seat belt. Those who are responsible will put the belt when seating back seat. I will do that and would ask my family too to do so. But then many don't follow it. Imposing fine would be a good way to implement it.

Well, it's my car and it's my rules. There's no way I would allow anyone who enters my car not to put on the seat belt immediately. I wouldn't move unless the person put the seat belt on. If the person doesn't like using seat belt, he or she will definitely have to look for another car to make use of.

Similar situation here: traffic cops only target the front seat, and if both the driver and the passenger in the front seat are not wearing seat belts, they will be fined. Furthermore, I have never seen someone buckled up in the back seat of a vehicle. I am not sure why they do that, but all of the passengers will suffer injuries in the event of an accident.

In a case of a serious heat, using seat belts at the back seat can protect a passenger from being ejected out of the car to a dangerous surface. It is a very important safety measure to use a seat belt in a car regardless of where you are seated.

Similar situation here: traffic cops only target the front seat, and if both the driver and the passenger in the front seat are not wearing seat belts, they will be fined. Furthermore, I have never seen someone buckled up in the back seat of a vehicle. I am not sure why they do that, but all of the passengers will suffer injuries in the event of an accident.
The reason why only those who are in the car's front seats are the one's targeted is because they are the one's who will feel more impact should the car be involved in an accident. Those in the back seat are safer.

The reason why only those who are in the car's front seats are the one's targeted is because they are the one's who will feel more impact should the car be involved in an accident. Those in the back seat are safer.
While it is true that there is a greater danger of harm in the front seat than in the back, and that those in the front seat are more likely to be ejected from the vehicle in the event of an accident, it is still a good idea to buckle up the back seat.

Better safe than Sorry. We all know that the impact of any accident is more for driver and co passenger on the from row. They have higher chances of ejection out of the car if the accident is too bad. But then back seat passengers too suffer the impacts of a powerful collision. Having a seat belt reduces the chances of very bad injuries. People should take it as their moral responsibility to make sure that they follow all safety rules, no matter how unnecessary they sound .

No one can guage the impact that a collision would have. It might be that the collision is so heavy that it affects the backseat passengers severely. The seatbelt wasn't a design or aesthetics. I still believe every safety facility installed in a car must be utilized to good advantage.

Seatbelts can save lives, thus those in the back should also wear seatbelts. If they are not belted, they are more likely to be flung forward, which can lead to death or serious injury in the event of an accident.

While it is true that there is a greater danger of harm in the front seat than in the back, and that those in the front seat are more likely to be ejected from the vehicle in the event of an accident, it is still a good idea to buckle up the back seat.
Yeah, that's very correct. It is definitely the right thing for someone who is sitting in the back seat to also buckle up in order to avoid any possibility of something happening to the person whenever there is a crash as well.

It is the thing that we are battling. People have failed to be responsible enough to even be concerned about their safety. It doesn't take anything to wear your seat belt when you are in a car. As far as a seat belt is installed, I must use it no matter my position in the car.

I am often ridiculed by some of my friends for using the seat belt irrespective of my position in the car. They feel that I am being unnecessarily too cautious. They have a notion that it might be needed only for driver and the front passenger. They do put seat belt when in front to save the fine and not for safety purpose. One of my friend will avoid seating in front as she hates to wear seat belt. A lot of awareness has to be spread to people that safety features in a car have some purpose and they are not just mere features.

Back
Top Bottom