Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Use of seat belts at the passenger set.

I am often ridiculed by some of my friends for using the seat belt irrespective of my position in the car. They feel that I am being unnecessarily too cautious. They have a notion that it might be needed only for driver and the front passenger. They do put seat belt when in front to save the fine and not for safety purpose. One of my friend will avoid seating in front as she hates to wear seat belt. A lot of awareness has to be spread to people that safety features in a car have some purpose and they are not just mere features.
I always wonder who gave people the notion that it is only the front seat occupants of a car that are at risk in the case of an accident. Everyone is at risk and must use any safety measure available to minimise the risks.

I always wonder who gave people the notion that it is only the front seat occupants of a car that are at risk in the case of an accident. Everyone is at risk and must use any safety measure available to minimise the risks.
I know. Even I am surprised that how people can build such stupid notion compromising with their personal safety. And surprisingly, some are so stubborn that any amount of preaching and awareness does not work with them. The only way to bring them to senses is a huge monetary fine. Earlier, people in my country would not take seat belt seriously despite all awareness campaign. When they started making them pay huge fine, drivers and passengers in front seat put it without fail. I strongly feel that a huge fine should be imposes for back seat passengers too

I am often ridiculed by some of my friends for using the seat belt irrespective of my position in the car. They feel that I am being unnecessarily too cautious. They have a notion that it might be needed only for driver and the front passenger. They do put seat belt when in front to save the fine and not for safety purpose. One of my friend will avoid seating in front as she hates to wear seat belt. A lot of awareness has to be spread to people that safety features in a car have some purpose and they are not just mere features.
Some people are not conscious in this life. We should not take them as an example.

I know. Even I am surprised that how people can build such stupid notion compromising with their personal safety. And surprisingly, some are so stubborn that any amount of preaching and awareness does not work with them. The only way to bring them to senses is a huge monetary fine. Earlier, people in my country would not take seat belt seriously despite all awareness campaign. When they started making them pay huge fine, drivers and passengers in front seat put it without fail. I strongly feel that a huge fine should be imposes for back seat passengers too
The fines for not using seat belts were also imposed in my country. What they now did, was to drive and be checking around, once the sight a road safety official, they quickly wear their seat belts. I often wonder which is easier to do at the end?

The fines for not using seat belts were also imposed in my country. What they now did, was to drive and be checking around, once the sight a road safety official, they quickly wear their seat belts. I often wonder which is easier to do at the end?
Hmm...I see many doing the same here too. And I wonder whom are they actually fooling? They are not fooling the police officers but themselves. They are risking their life and no one can be a bigger fool.

Hmm...I see many doing the same here too. And I wonder whom are they actually fooling? They are not fooling the police officers but themselves. They are risking their life and no one can be a bigger fool.
At least we should give them a piece of advice in the middle, because it not only protects them but us also from losing relatives and people near to us.

Based on my perspective, I would suggest that the the car passengers sitting at the back should also use a seat belt because it is for safety purpose but this practices is not always common from what I've seen. The manufacturers made seat belts at the passengers sit and it has purposes.

In my country almost everyone wears a seat belt, in fact, the driving laws are quite severe here, and if you happen to be fined for not having your seat belt on at a checkpoint, you will have to pay quite a bit of money, and that is not in good taste for anyone.

In our country, they have rules for seat beats on driving seat and the seat next to driving seat. However, there are no rules for seat belts for people sitting on the back. Since there are no rules, people do not follow it.

It is very essential to know that using the seat belts is crucial and good for safety. This is regardless of whether you're driving or you are sitting in the passenger seat.

Back
Top Bottom