Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

When is the right time to change Engine oil?

The type of oil you use is also a factor. Synthetic oils would take you for much longer mileage usually around 15,000 miles before requiring an oil change. Conventional oils can't go that stretch and would require that the oil he changed after a maximum of 4000 miles.

Do you change the oil filter every time you change the engine oil? in my country, most peoples don't change the filter every time they change the engine oil, even if its chip they don't change it..
Yes, most of the time when I will carry out the my car's maintenance, I will change the car oil filter. There was a time when I wanted to change it but my mechanic said it wasn't necessary as the one in there is still in a very good condition.

Change the oil at the appropriate interval to guarantee that your car's engine performs optimally and lasts as long as possible. You should take a look at your vehicle's owner's manual to identify the best time for an oil change. Most current automobile manufacturers recommend changing the oil every 10,000 to 15,000 kilometers, or every 12 months, whatever comes first. However, if you drive regularly, you should change the oil more frequently, at least once every 5,000 kilometers.

I trust that the manufacturer is involved in instructing car owners when to go to the car service to do this. There should be a required month or year before changing the engine oil. It is still better to check with car experts when deciding to do so.

When it comes to changing the oil of a car, it depends on a few factors such as the type of oil that is used in your car, what the vehicle manufacturer recommends and also your driving habits.

I believe the norm is around 5,000 to 7,500 but it is always wise to be sure.

I so much like the topic because it is one aspect that is oven overlooked when it comes to car engine maintenance. It is important to look into the oil change intervals. Stop and go city driving or a heavy load towing vehicle would need a frequent oil change because there will be a strain on the engine compared to a high way driving.

The best time to change your car oil depends on how often the car is in use.
Cars used for commercial purposes, oil should be changed regularly.
But from my own experience,I change my car oil every 3 months because it's hardly in use.

The type of oil that you use is another factor that determines the right time which you can change the engine oil. The conventional oil require more frequent changes when compared to the synthetic oils . This is because they have a shorter lifespan and lower resistance to heat as well.

Back
Top Bottom