Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

When you want to change your car, do you sell your current car?

riberet19

04/23/24
Many people do this when they want to buy a new car because the old one no longer serves them or they simply want to "modernize", they sell their old car to have more money for the car they want, are you one of those who sells your current car or do you prefer to keep it as a secondary car?

When my dad decided to sell our first car, it was to raise funds to acquire a new one. This was helpful in getting the car we really wanted. We ended up selling our first car to my brother's college friend. It also seemed unnecessary to keep another car since only one person in the family knew how to drive. My dad was working overseas at that time.

I do not see what an individual needs to have multiple cars. He should buy the one according to his needs. That's why when I need a new car, I will first sell off the existing one. This would even help me finance my new car

There are people who prefer having multiple cars. I know someone who has a specific car he uses taking the kids to school, while there is another one he uses for he jobs. In such a case there might be no need to sell the previous one before buying.

I do not see what an individual needs to have multiple cars. He should buy the one according to his needs. That's why when I need a new car, I will first sell off the existing one. This would even help me finance my new car
In the West, it is normal for a family to have several cars, since both usually work, so it can serve as a secondary car or leave it to your partner, but if this is not the case it is better to sell the car, I do not see the need to have more than one car as long as you are going to be the only driver.

I did not buy expensive cars, so I had the opportunity not to sell the old car in order to buy another one. But the main reason was that I didn't have a parking space for this car and I understand that it would just get in the way. That's why I decided to sell it and now I'm looking for a new one

My dad has never sold his car to get a new one. He has been stacking cars in the compound. Kept three cars. He finally bowed to pressure though and sold one of the cars.

Definitely, I always try to sell my current car before making attempt to actually upgrading to a new one. To be candid, I've had good experiences with this .

In the West, it is normal for a family to have several cars, since both usually work, so it can serve as a secondary car or leave it to your partner, but if this is not the case it is better to sell the car, I do not see the need to have more than one car as long as you are going to be the only driver.
I understand why a family of 4 need 4 cars if all of them go to work or college, however, I do not see a need for an individual to own more than one car. But then if you have a lot of money, you will always find ways to spend it, so you will be buying more cars

Anytime I'm ready for a new car, I make sure to trade-in my current vehicle. This is so convenient and it also saves me the stress of finding a buyer.

Back
Top Bottom