Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Would you feel safe in a driverless car?

eLdavis

12/15/23
Over the years, there have been lots of upgrades and evolutions when it comes to the invention of cars, from rechargeable cars to smart cars that do not actually need a driver. Would you feel safe in a car that runs without a driver? Personally I don't think I would feel safe, not that I don't trust the car, but I don't trust the other drivers around me. Most of them do not follow basic driving rules, and not to mention we have a lot of bad roads.

Well, if everything is put in place for me to have a smooth ride in it then I will be good to go. I like to relax and just be driven and it would be a good opportunity for me to enjoy this

It is not only cars having driverless, there is also a train. I rode on a train in Malaysia going to the airport and was wondering where the driver was only to realize it was manned by a computer. So if you ride in a car, the systems are set through a computer.

Last edited:
The proponents of driverless cars have done quite a lot to ensure the safety of driverless cars. With technology like the radar which uses sensors to detect any obstructing objects from a long distance and steer away from it to the LiDAR technology which is a set of see in and see through lamps that enables driverless cars to see irrespective of weather conditions.

I would comfortably commute in a driverless car.

When you imagine that driverless cars can automatically call emergency in cases of an accident, it inspires confidence for you to cruise in such a vehicle without fear. Add that to VTX technology that driverless cars use to interact with each other on transit to manage traffic flow, one can't help but be confident of riding in a driverless car.

Personally, I have always have an eye for one of those Telsa self driving electric cars. My target right now is their latest invention with the Cybertruck. At the moment, I wouldn't use their self driving features until I can fully trust them not malfunction.

I don't think I'll feel completely safe traveling in a driverless car. Not that I do not trust cutting-edge technology, but I do not fancy the idea for the time being. I need to ensure its safety first.

Yeah this is the fear for every one. I think with time everyone would start trusting it to give one the safety we need. But until then we just have to see how it goes to take an informed decision.

Seriously, the trust on a driverless car would not come very easy to me. I am stil not
comfortable with drivers who are not focused on road and do multitasking while driving. I think that the chances of error would be less when it comes to machine ( computer) driven cars. But still it would take time for someone like me to feel comfortable with the concept. Especially in places where roads are bad and traffic is huge, I can't trust on a machine's instinct

I don't think I'll feel completely safe traveling in a driverless car. Not that I do not trust cutting-edge technology, but I do not fancy the idea for the time being. I need to ensure its safety first.
Seriously, it is going to take very long time before I would be very comfortable making use of the autopilot system in cars.

It is something that is already standard in a airplane but as for cars, I can't trust it for now.

To be honest with you, riding a day driverless car brings mixed feelings and most definitely I would be very curious because it will bring fear as well. We know that autonomous driving technology is improving and they also hold promises for safer roads, reduced accident and it will also enhance convenience as well.

Driverless cars are still in their very early phase and because of that, I don't feel at least for me, that I would feel safe being in a driverless car.

We often still see issues with cars that are controlled by humans and for there to be an issue with a driverless car, who knows how bad that could end up being.

I feel we have some ways to go before I would feel safe being in a driverless car.

When you imagine that driverless cars can automatically call emergency in cases of an accident, it inspires confidence for you to cruise in such a vehicle without fear. Add that to VTX technology that driverless cars use to interact with each other on transit to manage traffic flow, one can't help but be confident of riding in a driverless car.
That's right my point exactly. Let everything be put in place to boost the confidence then I would be ready to jump on it

I would feel at least comfortable if the manufacturer is already established and the car is a well-known brand. However, as what Shortie said, during this phase it would not be a good idea to ride a driveless car.

The proponents of driverless cars have done quite a lot to ensure the safety of driverless cars. With technology like the radar which uses sensors to detect any obstructing objects from a long distance and steer away from it to the LiDAR technology which is a set of see in and see through lamps that enables driverless cars to see irrespective of weather conditions.

I would comfortably commute in a driverless car.
Lol! I have never think or imagine the prospect of using driverless cars. Well, i will not be the first to give it a trial. If the general populace start using it, why not? But i will wait and see how the cars works before giving it a trial. Life is too precious!

I would definitely feel safe when in a driverless car, as long as there are certain measures in place that is aimed to protect against hacking. Plus, there should be protection against other forms of cyber attacks as well.

It is not only cars having driverless, there is also a train. I rode on a train in Malaysia going to the airport and was wondering where the driver was only to realize it was manned by a computer. So if you ride in a car, the systems are set through a computer.
Oh wow, that's pretty impressive, though I think it's a lot easier for trains, cause with trains it has its own path and the movement is not as complicated as cars where you have to deal with traffic, humans and other cars all at once.

Well, right now I wouldn't feel very safe in a car that is driven without a driver, because I think that automaton driving is not yet so developed that I would feel safe being transported in such a vehicle, I prefer that it has a driver right now until the technology is sufficiently advanced.

I wouldn't mind driving in a driver less cars. When there is something called human error that results in accidents, I agree that driverless cars also malfunctions and might get into an accident but I believe artificial intelligence can be better than human skills

Back
Top Bottom