Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

How reliable are Fiat vehicles?

clasione

The Boss
Staff member
The reliability of Fiat vehicles is generally considered to be average. According to RepairPal, Fiat vehicles have an average annual repair cost of $538, which is slightly higher than the average of $652 for all car brands. However, Fiat vehicles also have a lower than average frequency of repairs, with owners bringing their vehicles into the shop for unscheduled repairs an average of 0.2 times per year compared to the average of 0.4 times per year for all car brands.
Some of the most reliable Fiat models include the 500, 500L, and 124 Spider. These models have all received above-average reliability ratings from Consumer Reports.
However, it is important to note that Fiat vehicles have also been known to have some common problems. These problems can include:
  • Electrical problems
  • Engine problems
  • Transmission problems
  • Suspension problems
  • Brake problems
If you are considering purchasing a Fiat vehicle, it is important to do your research and be aware of the potential problems associated with the model you are interested in. You should also be sure to have the vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic before making a purchase.

Older models for Fiat manufactured in the 1960's were fairly reliable. A relative had purchased an used Fiat in the 1970's. He could use it for more than a decade without any major problem.

Older models for Fiat manufactured in the 1960's were fairly reliable. A relative had purchased a used Fiat in the 1970's. He could use it for more than a decade without any major problems.
There is an evolution in fiat manufactured that reveals that the 1970 model is better than the 1960 model. What could be for example strange if old models resist more than new ones. This is the case for several car models unfortunately.

Fiat vehicles are generally reliable if proper maintenance is carried out periodically. The fiat vehicles have a long history of durability and have evolved building on that. Back in the days, if one wanted a really solid car, Fiat was the first choice.

Fiat models were very popular in our country in 60s, 70s and 80s. In fact this brand ruled the market. The cars were good and were very durable. My uncle bought one in 70s and did drive it for almost 20 years or more with no complaints. He never complained about the maintenance either.
We don't see much of Fiat on roads in current times. I have not seen any in a long time. It's definitely not the popular brand any more.

Fiat models were very popular in our country in 60s, 70s and 80s. In fact this brand ruled the market. The cars were good and were very durable. My uncle bought one in 70s and did drive it for almost 20 years or more with no complaints. He never complained about the maintenance either.
We don't see much of Fiat on roads in current times. I have not seen any in a long time. It's definitely not the popular brand any more.
You have raised a valid reason. The manufacturer product vehicles nowadays with low quality so that you purchase a new model in the next 5 years. They are not a winner if someone had a car for 20 years without a problem.

You have raised a valid reason. The manufacturer product vehicles nowadays with low quality so that you purchase a new model in the next 5 years. They are not a winner if someone had a car for 20 years without a problem.
I would totally agree there. It's not the lone case with cars and automobiles, the quality of considerable durables across has come down. The consumer base for these automobiles have increased. Earlier a few decades back, car was a luxury in our country and very few had them. Now, it's common to have one or more cars in every household. People can afford it and no one wants to keep an old car. People change it frequently within few years. I think manufacturer know it well and they are also not keeping up with the quality of products. Moreover, now a days any car runs more on day to day basis. And so the wear and tear is more

Fiat cars are very reliable for everyday driving for personal runs and activities within the confines of a city or state. But you really can't rely on Fiat cars for trips and long distance journeys as they were not built for that.

I noticed that the Fiat vehicles have a mixed reputation especially when it comes to their reliability and it is worth to note that some Fiat models are very efficient and they have received praisees from different users. We should also know that there are other fiat models that are faced with the issues of reliability and durability but I know that regular maintenance and careful driving will contribute to a more positive user experience.

Back
Top Bottom