Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

What is the difference between a Kia Sportage and a Kia Niro?

clasione

The Boss
Staff member
The Kia Sportage and Kia Niro are both popular compact SUVs, but they have different strengths and weaknesses.

The Kia Sportage is a more traditional SUV with a focus on performance and off-road capability. It is available with all-wheel drive and a variety of engine options, including a turbocharged four-cylinder and a plug-in hybrid. The Sportage also has a spacious interior and a comfortable ride.

The Kia Niro is a more fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly SUV. It is available as a hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and all-electric vehicle. The Niro also has a sleek design and a variety of advanced safety features.

Here is a table that compares the Kia Sportage and the Kia Niro in more detail:

FeatureKia SportageKia Niro
Body styleCompact SUVCompact SUV
DrivetrainAvailable with all-wheel driveAvailable with all-wheel drive
Engine optionsTurbocharged four-cylinder, plug-in hybridHybrid, plug-in hybrid, all-electric
Fuel economy (city/highway)24/30 mpg (gas engine), 20/26 mpg (plug-in hybrid)53/54 mpg (hybrid), 105 MPGe (all-electric)
Starting price$26,590$25,690

I think I observe a bit of differences in design of Kia Niro and Kia Sportage. Kia Niro has a lower center of gravity while the Sportage is the taller SUV. The Niro uses wheels that I would consider suitable for aerodynamics while the Sportage uses wheels that are more basic. I think Niro from it's design was optimized for speed while Sportage is designed for balance.

In my view, the Kia Niro is an eco-friendly hybrid crossover, and the Kia Sportage is a flexible performance SUV. The Sportage places more emphasis on power and space, while the Niro places more emphasis on environmental friendliness and fuel economy.

The Kia Niro is a full electric vehicle while the Sportage is available in both gasoline and hybrid versions. The Sportage to me affords one that SUV feel in terms of power while the Niro really focuses the attention on ability to manoeuvre.

Back
Top Bottom