Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

When it comes to electric cars, will Toyota be competitive as well?

Kirubel

12/06/23
When it comes to manufacturing gasoline-powered vehicles, Toyota is undoubtedly the most well-liked brand because of its reputation for strength, longevity, and dependability. But what about electric vehicles? Do you believe it will compete with VW and the Tesla EV?

Toyota has still not picked up the popularity in electric vehicle section.. That's because it is still to launch it's fully electric vehicle. It's models in Hybrid model are doing good so far.
When compared to others in the section of electric vehicles, Toyota might have been a slow one. I read an article posted here only on this forum where it was mentioned that Toyota might come up with a very robust battery charging system and is currently working on that. Their main focus is to have a better battery that is quick to recharge and will go longer with single charge.
Though Toyota might be a late entry into the electric vehicles market, it might come with more promising features and lure the market.

Toyota has still not picked up the popularity in electric vehicle section.. That's because it is still to launch it's fully electric vehicle. It's models in Hybrid model are doing good so far.
When compared to others in the section of electric vehicles, Toyota might have been a slow one. I read an article posted here only on this forum where it was mentioned that Toyota might come up with a very robust battery charging system and is currently working on that. Their main focus is to have a better battery that is quick to recharge and will go longer with single charge.
Though Toyota might be a late entry into the electric vehicles market, it might come with more promising features and lure the market.
You are right, the only way to get popular and acceptance in the electric vehicle world for Toyota company is to build a car that is much better than other EV companies, it could be with the battery capacity or with the fast charging or with the battery life.

Toyota is a popular and leading brand in many countries. If the whole world is moving towards a mass adaptation of electric vehicle, Toyota can not stand behind. If it doesn't gear up to come up competitive in the market with it's electric vehicles, it might loose the market. It cannot afford to take the risk.
I am hopeful that Toyota would come up with affordable electric vehicles with superior quality service soon.

Toyota is a popular and leading brand in many countries. If the whole world is moving towards a mass adaptation of electric vehicle, Toyota can not stand behind. If it doesn't gear up to come up competitive in the market with it's electric vehicles, it might loose the market. It cannot afford to take the risk.
I am hopeful that Toyota would come up with affordable electric vehicles with superior quality service soon.
True, Toyota needs to hold their name and reputation, and in order to do that, they need to come up with something amazing and affordable, and they also need to bring their car strength and durability to electric cars so that people will choose Toyota EVs.

Knowing the history of Toyota, they would come out with an electric vehicle that would go for long distances with minimal charge specially for the African market that are still struggling with electricity generation. They sure know how to niche cars and would niche their EVs and be competitive.

True, Toyota needs to hold their name and reputation, and in order to do that, they need to come up with something amazing and affordable, and they also need to bring their car strength and durability to electric cars so that people will choose Toyota EVs.
They are a trusted name. And I am very sure that people would show their trust when they launch their electric vehicles. Toyota would make sure that it keeps up the value and quality that it is known for. I am a loyal customer of Toyota. I have owned it's cars and absolutely loved them. I am very positive that though they are late in electric vehicles, they will come with a bang.

They are a trusted name. And I am very sure that people would show their trust when they launch their electric vehicles. Toyota would make sure that it keeps up the value and quality that it is known for. I am a loyal customer of Toyota. I have owned it's cars and absolutely loved them. I am very positive that though they are late in electric vehicles, they will come with a bang.
In my country, there are few Toyota electric car models, and some people who can afford the car have them, but to be honest, in my country, the Toyota electric car price is very expensive. I don't know why its like that.

In my country, there are few Toyota electric car models, and some people who can afford the car have them, but to be honest, in my country, the Toyota electric car price is very expensive. I don't know why its like that.
That's good to hear. I have to check out if it's already in India. We are looking forward to buying Toyota SUV sometimes towards the end of this year. While doing the random search, we came to know that Toyota electric SUV Bz4X would be launched in April 2024. It's quite expensive costing around 70 lakhs Indian rupees.
I have to check if other electric car models are already there. I have not seen any so far on road.

That's good to hear. I have to check out if it's already in India. We are looking forward to buying Toyota SUV sometimes towards the end of this year. While doing the random search, we came to know that Toyota electric SUV Bz4X would be launched in April 2024. It's quite expensive costing around 70 lakhs Indian rupees.
I have to check if other electric car models are already there. I have not seen any so far on road.
But the Toyota Bz4X 2023 is already in my country; I have seen some on the road and also in the dealership. The description is:
Model:BZ4X Year:2023 Body Type: Crossover SUV Seats: 5 Engine: 160KW, 214HP, Battery Capacity: 66.7KWh, Drive Type:Single Motor FWD Top Speed:160KM/H Fuel:Electric Range:615KM.
IMG_0222.jpg

@Kirubel . Yes, that's the model I am talking about. It is getting launched in April 2024. It's just a matter of few weeks and soon we would see it on roads. The description looks pretty promising and the electric range of 615 Km is quite impressive. We will get enough feedback in few months about how it does on Indian roads. Anyways we don't plan to buy a new car anytime before 2025. By that time, it's report card would be out

Toyota as a car manufacturer has been taking the competition right to the doorstep of it's competitors. Let's watch and see what Toyota would innovate in the EV sector that would see them become one of the dominant car brand. It would surely compete and it is just a matter of time.

Back
Top Bottom