Hello there guest and welcome to the Auto Buyers Market forums! We have message boards for you to chat about any automotive topic with other auto enthusiasts. Get advice on leasing, purchasing, prices paid, questions and answers on all makes and models. To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete. Already a member? Login here then!

Car maintenance tips for winter

Abdulhamid01

12/07/23

During the winter season, here are some maintenance tips that could help your car :
1)Check your brakes regularly: During the winter season, brakes are more likely to be affected by cold and snow as snow and icy roads put extra stress on your brakes which is always noticed when driving.If you notice any of this, do let your mechanic know so as to check it out.
2)check the belts and hoses:cold weather can damage belts and hoses.
3)Changing your oil filter when due
4) Checking your battery:Checking up on your battery to ensure its in good condition by making sure the connections are okay and its free from corrosion due to moisture buildup.

Winter is a terrible season for those who are in a very cold environment which snows regularly. This is why cars can easily get damaged or wear out. Some places are that cold. Thanks for sharing these tips. I am glad that at present I am not in a country that has very harsh weather conditions that are extremely devastating for the cars.

Countries that get extreme freezing temperatures in winter make driving and maintenance of vehicles a bit tricky during those months.. I stay in a place where there is no such extreme weather and no such extra care has to be taken. But I have stayed in the US and other countries where it used to freeze and roads were covered with snow.. I was too scared to drive in snow and mu husband would drive then.

These are great tips for car maintenance during the winter perood. you need to check the belts and hoses:since the cold weather can easily damage belts and hoses. Same with doing the
changing of your oil filter when due. just do your frequent servicing as required.

The most commonly experienced challenges with cars during winter is the brakes. In my country, it is always advocated that one checks their brake pads before they go out during the extremely cold months around December. Also, if you can, cover your car or park in a shed to avoid moisture build up during winter.

it is always good to check the important parts of the car before going out with it. one to check is the brake pads before driving out.

it is good to check the battery to ensure its in good condition by making sure the connections are okay as well

I would mention few car maintenance tips that is essential to prepare your car for the colder months. The tips to consider are

1)checking your battery 2)monitoring the tire pressure 3)using the winter grid oil and
4) Replacing wiper blades regularly

There are a lot of things to keep in mind to maintain your car during the winter. The most important thing is to keep your battery charged and inspect the coolant to make sure that it is suitable for freezing temperatures. I also use winter tires for better traction and regularly check tire pressure.

Maintenance is important for cars. The belts and hoses are as important as the other parts. When it gets damaged, it is not easy to repair them. We need experts to help fix the issue.

Nice tips, especially with the issue of the battery, the cold could easily affect the battery and even the engine in total, so regular warning or heating is required.

You would have to check your coolant to be sure it is at the same level with water so that it would not make the water to be frozen inside the car. And also, check your battery terminals often so that it doesn't rust out.

I think you should first check the antifreeze fluid in your car, on the other hand if you need to change your tires for winter tires it would be a good thing to keep in mind, as it is better to use season-specific tires than to use year-round ones.

Back
Top Bottom